dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Olympus 4/3 is alive and well
In reply to Raist3d, Aug 14, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

dave gaines wrote:

Olymore wrote:

... Still, you can sit there nursing your E5, waiting on the camera that will never arrive and complaining how real photographers use big bulky cameras, while the rest of the four thirds users migrate across to the new system.

Or you can accept that four thirds was a commercial failure and move on.

Your opinion of the E-5 and 4/3 in general is very dim. If you disslike every DSLR from the E-1 to the E-5 you should find a camera you do like and go post your negativity on their forum. For all it's worth (very little) your brand/system bashing is destructive and unwelcome on the Olympus SLR Talk forum.

I believe he is as entitled to express his opinion as you are with yours. You are nobody to tell him to get out of the forum for simply expressing his view of the system, and I believe you missed his view was actually quite optimistic.

Ricardo,

Yes, he is. It's just not welcome to say it here on a forum dedicated to Olympus SLR Talk. Olymore's posts here for the last few days have all been bashing the 4/3 system. That's a matter of opinion and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. People who post here are beholders of 4/3 cameras and lenses. Why should he post that anti 4/3 talk here?

But Olympus has said many things, including one single beautiful system.
Raist3d/Ricardo

You've said that a couple of times. You eluded to an unoffical meeting that was secretly reported to have happened. Do you have anything official from Olympus? Do you have a link to a news story, other than a rumor site? Do you have more than a snippet taken out of context?

Micro 4/3 is one beautiiful system. Olympus 4/3 is one beautiful system. These are two different systems.

You're following all of my posts, telling me there's no E-x upgrade on the way. No one knows that. You should stop harrassing me and the rest of this forum with your negativity.

You've told me in another post today that I should ignore these destructive threads and not post in them. DSLR shooters like me are entitled to an opinion about 4/3 and the purpose of this forum - probably more than someone who's abandoned the E-system and is now a fan of another system, like m4/3. You and Olymore keep posting in favor of an OM-D, m4/3 MILC. This is the Olympus SLR Talk forum. Try not to disrupt it with your preferences for another system.

Olympus 4/3 is alive and well. It will be for some time to come, no matter what is released next. The 4/3 system is faster, has PDAF, has an OVF, has more creative controls, ergonomics to support larger lenses and has much better optics than m4/3. The only thing an E-7 needs is a new sensor. Most people shooting primarily with the E-series don't believe a new OM-D represents the future for 4/3 lenses.

If you don't believe that you should ask yourself why you're posting on Olympus SLR Talk. I'm asking you why but it's just a rhetorical question, so there's no need to reply with another negative opinion.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow