Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Logan3-1639
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: It is one, not "all over.."
In reply to Sean65, Aug 14, 2013

Sean65 wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

One speck is in the subject of a thread, yet you talk about many and "all over .." ; by which you confirm my statement above about the tendency of some people to make specks into mountains.

Philosophum non facit barba well suits you, my dear barbarian who over-exaggerate and cannot count properly ...

Resorting insults now are we. Tut Tut. Sign of weakness.

Don't worry about my counting ability. I can assure you everything is in order

Several dust spots after only several weeks of light use. Can you imagine how many dust spots of continued annual usage. I can't and who in their right mind would want to find out.

I understand no one wants to hear it but it a design flaw. It's not about people taking things out of proportion. One glaring dust spot on EVERY image is ' one too many '.

A new camera built in 2013 AD should perform slightly better than this.

Period.

How can you know for certain that the "several dust spots" you're seeing are the result of dust entering the camera since you took possession of it? It's also possible that the dust was in the camera when you received it, and it has been moving around and landing on your GR's sensor. In that case, it wouldn't be a design flaw but a quality-control issue.

I don't know what the cause of the dust is, but after seeing this thread appear in the forum, I tested my own GR (weeks ago) and found a piece of dust/debris on the sensor. I'll be sending it to Ricoh for cleaning or replacement. That said, I've had my GR since the end of May, and I've used it heavily. I tested it again a few days ago, and there is still only one piece of dust on the sensor, which leads me to believe that no additional dust has entered the camera. I'm leaning toward the QC theory, which is not a good thing either, but it's not the same as a "design flaw."

Until I discovered that others were finding dust spots on their images, I hadn't considered that there could be dust on my own GR's sensor, and I never saw any dust spots in my own photos. I'm not happy about the dust, but my camera will be serviced under warranty, and after that, I'll periodically test for new dust spots.

If the dust spots are indeed caused by dust entering the camera through everyday, normal use, that would be unfortunate, but I'll continue to shoot photos with the GR, regardless. Even with the dust problem, it's still my favorite camera to shoot with, period.

Logan3-1639's gear list:Logan3-1639's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow