Sell Sigma 10-20mm for used Canon 5D mk1?

Started Aug 14, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
droberto
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Sell Sigma 10-20mm for used Canon 5D mk1?
Aug 14, 2013

Hi,

I just need some opinions on what I should do.

As of right now in my bag, I carry a Canon Rebel T3i with 40mm f2.8 and Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6, so I got some coverage in the ultra wide range and the portrait range. However, I'm not quite satisfied in this consumer camera; I have the urge to upgrade to a Prosumer or Professional/FF body.

I have a friend who is willing to sell me his used Canon 5D MK1 for $450. I want to know if I should sell my Sigma to own a 5D for portraiture and the T3i as a backup.

I've been doing my research on the 5D and it's often quite called a "dust magnet", where you have to clean the sensor yourself. I don't know how to do that yet, hopefully it's something I can do at home without expensive materials or anything, since I don't have money to get it cleaned elsewhere.

I used to shoot film so I really like the full frame, but I also want to get into video, hence the T3i. I've considered the 5D mkII but way out of my budget, I'd have to sell everything I own and more just to own a USED body.

I mainly do portraits and landscapes, as I love the ultra wide angle perspective, I usually shoot ultra wide when out and about. I also want to get into street photography just to put it out there.

What are you opinions and what do you recommend I should do? Other recommendations are appreciated as well. Thank you!

droberto's gear list:droberto's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 600D +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow