1022 future developments: I want to ask this BEFORE any new cameras are released

Started Aug 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,648Gear list
Like?
Re: What would be the downsides to one big Olympus forum?
In reply to tinternaut, Aug 14, 2013

tinternaut wrote:

What would be the downsides to one big Olympus forum?

Just asking...

Simple: too much noise from too many directions. Due to:

- Too many different user backgrounds

- Too many m43 bodies already available

- Too many m43 lenses (some making double use) already available.

Good luck trying to discuss 4/3 lenses in the middle of a fight whether the m43 14-42 zuiko version one is better than version two, while someone is screaming from the side that nothing beats the new panny 14-42 kit lens, not to be confused neither with the Panny 14-45mm kit lens, neither with the first 14-42 Panny, and God Forbid not with the 14-42X Panny.

WHAT ?!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE 12-42X Panny ?!? Well, it's stabilization sucks. Really, it sucks ? Yeah, it sucks. What, does it suck more or less than the stab on the E-PL1 which was a downgrade from the E-620 ? Yeah, sucks more than that, if they were so good, why does the new Panny camera come with in body stabilisation ? He he he. Oh, yeah ? If the in body stabilisation is so good, why does this Panny in body stabilisation automatically turn off when a stabilised lens is detected ? Huh ? Well, that's another issue, Panny is unable to make an IBIS as good as Oly's Oh, really, they are not ? And where are Oly's 12-35mm and 35-100mm ?

And so on, and so on.

See, I made this all up with only a few voices in my head. Imagine a whole forum

Keep in mind that CaNikon forums are not one forum. Just watch them. They are separated even by models.

duckling wrote:

... ... ...

Here's to someone who managed to express exactly what I think and feel in not so many words. Kudos and thanks.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow