Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,881Gear list
Like?
Re: fair enough
In reply to Art_P, Aug 14, 2013

Art_P wrote:

Messier Object wrote:

Perhaps you should petition for a moderator's position, so you can ban anyone who dares mention that other system?

That's a little unkind and not a typical Art_P comment.

Really, maybe it's just that I don't appreciate the hostility I've seen here... You know, that "Your kind isn't welcome here, don't let the door hit you on the way out..." attitude. Newbies can be redirected w/o the underlying nastiness.

I've mostly stopped visiting this board because I tend to feel unwelcome here, not necessarily because of comments directed at me, but the general hostility and exclusivity shown by some.

I know just what you mean. What helps is remembering that it's their opinion, their thoughts and have absolutely no bearance on your participation.

Maybe there's a bit of redirected frustration or anger that blames m43 users for the lack of a new 4/3 camera? Maybe I'm just redirecting a bit of resentment because when my 4/3 kit was stolen I wasn't able to replace it and get the camera I needed, I've become an evil person here.

don't worry, I won't be back to bother you, at least for a while...

I think it's the frustration that Olympus is pretty much ignoring 4/3rds while putting their resources behind the system that apparently can net them a profit. It's incredibly amazing to me that people want to demand of Olympus full 4/3rds system support ignoring the financial/capitalist reality they are going through company wise and market wise.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow