Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Senior MemberPosts: 2,878Gear list
Like?
Re: fair enough
In reply to Art_P, Aug 14, 2013

Art_P wrote:

Messier Object wrote:

Perhaps you should petition for a moderator's position, so you can ban anyone who dares mention that other system?

That's a little unkind and not a typical Art_P comment.

Really, maybe it's just that I don't appreciate the hostility I've seen here... You know, that "Your kind isn't welcome here, don't let the door hit you on the way out..." attitude. Newbies can be redirected w/o the underlying nastiness.

I've mostly stopped visiting this board because I tend to feel unwelcome here, not necessarily because of comments directed at me, but the general hostility and exclusivity shown by some.

Maybe there's a bit of redirected frustration or anger that blames m43 users for the lack of a new 4/3 camera? Maybe I'm just redirecting a bit of resentment because when my 4/3 kit was stolen I wasn't able to replace it and get the camera I needed, I've become an evil person here.

don't worry, I won't be back to bother you, at least for a while...

Art,
My response to your post: Could be a long wait -nt-

was

A long wait for what ? a new DSLR ? that's got nothing to do with which forum the new camera (if it's native m4/3 mount) should live.

The E-1, E-5xx, E-4xx, E-6xx, E-30, E-5 will still 'live' here and continue to be discussed as always.

if you found hostility in that then I apologise.

If you are frustrated by a general sense of hostility to m4/3 users then perhaps it might be better to start a new thread on that subject rather than to do it in a response to me.

Peter

Messier Object's gear list:Messier Object's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow