Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,364Gear list
Like?
Re: Any price over $1300 is too high
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 14, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

stimmer wrote:

If they charge 1500 plus make you pay for an adapter and a grip, then we are getting into some serious cash. If that were the case I'm out because that's just too much to pay for the privilege of using my 4/3 lenses.

Hopefully everything is built in and that's the price, but I'm seriously doubting this is the case.

If $15500 is the price, it's too high. The Panasonic GH3 is $1300 for a fine camera with excellent video capabilities. The Panasonic GX7 is $1000. The Sony Nex 6 is $650. The Fuji XE-1 and X-Pro 1 are $1200 apiece.

Actually the X-E1 is now $799 USD body only (Amazon)

The Sony Nex 7 is $1100 with PDAF on an APS sensor. The OM-D E-M5 is $1000. The E-P5 is $1000 plus a $280 EVF.

Any Olympus OM-D has to fall within these prices - $1000 to $1300.

And if you have to add a battery pack/vertical grip and MMF adapter for combined $460 then at $1300 it's well beyond the price of a GH3 and an E-5.

Olympus is about to find out how much camera enthusiasts are willing to pay for it's m4/3 system with m4/3 lenses.

I think the high end OMD / "E-7" could be higher and could have some technologies that could push the price up but I will agree with you that marketwise seems too high.  I am beginning to think Olympus would be better off focusing on the Pen.

-- hide signature --

Dave

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow