On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,927Gear list
Like?
Re: How is it "positively cheap"
In reply to drj3, Aug 14, 2013

drj3 wrote:

If you already own any Olympus DSLR you have at least one lens, at a minimum the 14=42 or the 14-54 or 12-60. I suspect that most also have a second lens like the 40-150 or 70-300 or 50-200. Currently your choice would be to buy an OMD kit (currently $1300 with adaptor) with the older EVF or the E P5 (with adaptor $1600) and get very slow focusing with any FT lens. Instead if the new camera has a better EVF than the OMD, a larger integrated grip, and has 100% compatibiity with the FT lens (new sensor) for $1500, which would you buy. Personally since I own 5 Olympus FT lenses and E 510 ad E5, the choice is obvious for me and I will preorder the new camera and be glad that it is less expensive than my current E5. I will also keep the E5 and probably still use it frequently, but when I travel and go on long walks, a smaller size than the E5 would not be so bad.

For the FT user that makes sense but I am talking about new customers. The FT user market is pretty small and not the way to a successful market share increase at this point.

-- hide signature --

drj3

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow