Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,151Gear list
Like?
Re: How is it "positively cheap"
In reply to Haider, Aug 14, 2013

Haider wrote:

Hi Raist,

Sorry by the 7D I meant the EOS-5D Mark III.

Well, ok, but that's still a FF camera.

As for 35mm I believe Nikon and Cnon have positioned that to be there Pro range. You can buy low range 35mm DSLRs at price points which would have been APS a couple of years back. By-the-way being pedantic 4/3rds is full-frame:)

I have had 4/3rds since the e-300, so I know what you mean by FF. but truth is the term FF is used to represent the 35mm sensor size equivalent. We can say all cameras by the definition of 4/3rds are full frame including the Pentax Q if we go by that. You know what I mean

It doesn't really matter comparing 35mm to 4/3rds. For a budget what are you getting?

It sure does. I am sorry but you can't compare something like a D4 to a 4/3rds.  That doesn't mean the 4/3rds isn't with an OMD sensor a very capable camera, but there are other features a D4 has that makes it cost what it is.

I got an Oly E-520, Zuiko 14-54mm MK1, Zuiko 40-150mm and an FL-36r OR I could have got a Nikon D90 with a single kit lens bundle. For low-light I had the FL-36r and 28mm f2.8, DOF control 28mm f2.8, 40mm f3.5. If their competitors are spending the camera budget on a 35mm sensor may be Oly should spend the budget on a bigger buffer, more sophisticated AF system, or free battery grips.

The competitors spend the money in all the categories you mentioned, not just the sensor size.

Bundle an E-7 with the Zuiko 14-35 f2 zoom, Zuiko 50-200mm F2.8 and Fl-600. Offer the above choice against an EOS-5D Mark 3 with a single f2.8 Zoom.

Well, it all depends what someone is looking for. If they are looking for FF image quality and DOF control well then. Etc.

Thanks

Haider

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow