How does XF-1 handle bright sunlight + high contrast?

Started Aug 13, 2013 | Questions thread
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Where you can see X10 results (similar)
In reply to CAcreeks, Aug 13, 2013

CAcreeks wrote:

When used in "hardware" EXR mode, which is readily achieved in M (medium) size DR 400%, the X10 and other EXR models will hold highlights better then any non-DSLR camera. Look here:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/x10-review?page=0,1

On this page, scroll down about 6 times and click on the various options 100% DR to 400% DR. The sky gets bluer as you move up. Most other cameras turn the sky in this scene nearly white, often with blue fringing in the tree branches.

The XF1 has the same sensor as the X10 but its lens is not as good.

BorisK1 wrote:

I'm getting ready for a trip to the mountains, and my compact (Olympus TG-1) struggles in bright sunshine, when there's overwhelming contrast. I will be shooting mostly people (kids) and some landscapes. How does XF-1 handle this scenario? Does the high-dynamic-range EXR-DR handle it, or is it only for low-light situations?

Thank you for the info!  Yes, the XF-1 looks like an ideal subcompact for harsh light.  The X10 is gorgeous, but does not go wide enough for my liking.

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow