PIX 2015

On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 12,724Gear list
Re: Upcoming OM-D sounds like another micro4/3
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 13, 2013

I am sort of with you on this Dave although some 4/3 stuff has its merits. . One thing that would really pee me off would be if I had to move my tent to 1041 . That is a lunatic asylum run buy the inmates. There seems to be more bitching about the new OMD being able to use 4/3 lens and maybe a bit bigger, also the adolescent attitude of me first , me first. ( Kill 4/3 some that we can get better quality cheaper.)

Methinks the problem about the new OMD possibly being able to use 4/3 lenses will show  M4/3 users how bad ( Except for a few) some m4/3 lenses really are.

Lets put it this way if Olympus do distortion correction on 4/3 lenses on the new camera with nominal CA correction what the internal Photoshopped  what image will be like. ?

Olympus could be showing them what they have been really being selling them over last few years.

As to a quality small zoom . Olympus will not be able to take the likes of the 50-200 shrink  it down and have it give the same native Optical quality as the bigger 4/3 lens. The maybe could but then you wold be looking at lenses in the $2500 bracket.

The 2 X f/2 zooms are the last f/2 zooms we will see from Olympus unless they continue with 4/3 or build a m4/3 adapter into the lens and it not going to be small.

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow