FZ250 in a few weeks?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 4,245Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ250 in a few weeks?
In reply to Einst Stein, 11 months ago

Einst Stein wrote:

It's no brainer that Nex has much larger sensor. It's 2X of Lumix G and probably 10x of FZ200. But it's IQ does not show the advantage in the combination of Sony's kit lens. With Zeiss prime lens? may be.

I was actually very very surprised that with the lens combination, Sony's kit lens does not give me the IQ of G5 + Lumix 14-42mm or 45-150mm nor FZ200, under the normal lighting. Under very very lowlight, I'd say Nex is still better than G5, and G5 is better than FZ200, but that's not my typical usage. I didn't try Nex with Zeiss prime lens. I believe it should be better, and that could make Nex really shines. Again, that's not likely to be the typical usage for the Nex users.

The Nex kit lens ( 18 55 version) is very good indeed, far better than people realise.

I have had several works published and they were taken with the kit lens.

I do love the versatility of my FZ200 but it is not capable of capturing the fine detail that a bigger APSC sensor is capable of - even so it pushes to the max what a small sensor can do.

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow