Why do YOU use fast primes?

Started Aug 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
mg_k
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Re: 16-200mm?
In reply to joger, Aug 13, 2013

joger wrote:

You can't compare 35 mm with 200 mm and expect the same view - but what you can calculate and measure is the DOF.

The focal length should be wisely chosen to support your idea of the image. There is no better or worse - that's my point

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
don't feed trolls - ignore them

The reason why I said what I said was because OP believes f2.8 is 'enough', and there isn't much difference @ 200mm in his opinion which I can understand.

I was merely stating that there is indeed a huge difference at shorter focal length.  That is the shorter it is, the faster aperture is required to achieve reasonable blur, whereas even 200mm f4 gives you plenty.

mg_k's gear list:mg_k's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#1.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow