Why camera market has fallen off a cliff?

Started Aug 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerusker
Contributing MemberPosts: 750Gear list
Like?
Re: Why camera market has fallen off a cliff?
In reply to Barry Pearson, Aug 13, 2013

Barry Pearson wrote:

Coasting wrote:

Well one of the reasons is the modern camera is so good why upgrade when its only an incremental improvement at best.We have reached a stage where all cameras are good and its only the gadget freeks and anal retentive types that need the new improved model every 6 months.Just a thought.

Perhaps there are modern cameras good enough to satisfy the photographic aspirations of most of the market.

It certainly isn't the case that all cameras are good enough to satisfy the photographic aspirations of the keenest and most ambitious photographers. Those photographers who feel they are being limited by the top-end camera of their brand will continue to upgrade until they are satisfied.

(Example: a genuine photographic need for better AF implies upgrade from K-5 to K-5II(s); and probably upgrade from k-5II(s) to (say) K-3. Or a change of brand).

Barry I agree with you - I've upgraded from K-5 to K-5 II because of this.

But my (angry) fear is, that you can easily get superb, good or bad specimen of the same model. I'll try to prove this for me with my 3 K10-Ds I had and my K-5 and K-5 II (only for me because I don't like personal aggression).

If I'm in a place where most people are taking shots with their imaging devices, then I like to be somewhere else. This sure has changed from the early days of dig imaging. But the crowd will move on and photography will stay.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow