Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,192
Like?
msata SSD
8 months ago

Does anyone know much about these SSDs. They are available in 256GB now. I am looking to upgrade my laptop and want something lightweight and powerful to also use with an external screen and keyboard at home.

The idea I am thinking about is getting one of these and making it my c: drive for programs and bootup and then use the internal standard hard drive for media including my photos. I am getting a bit confused.

Here is a list of laptops with msata...

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/msata-ssd-compatability-list.html

However, say a series 9 Samsung which is an ultrabook might only have msata which it uses for its internal SSD drive. Then if I go over to Lenovo, the laptops which are supposed to have msata, dont mention anything about them in the specs. Then there are a couple of notebooks that mention say 500GB hard drive/16GB msata - would I be able to change that msata to 256GB or is it like DRAM with a limit?

Price isnt a big issue here but I would like to keep my laptop to 2kg or so and would like it to run a decent size monitor at high res.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow