Would you sell these lens to buy the 10-18mm lens?

Started Aug 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
nannyg
Regular MemberPosts: 471
Like?
Re: Would you sell these lens to buy the 10-18mm lens?
In reply to captura, Aug 13, 2013

captura wrote:

nannyg wrote:

captura wrote:

No I wouldn't. If someone gave me a 10-18mm lens I would immediately sell it. It is not of the same caliber as most of the others mentioned, and much too expensive.

LOL

Well, it's not the same as those other lenses because it serves a different function. It is very good at what it does. If you want ultra wide angle with minimal distortion and some zoom capability (and stabilization for video) I'm not sure what else is out there. Whether it is overpriced or not depends on how much you value those characteristics. If you don't value them, that's fine. To each his own. But I think the way you phrased that was unhelpfully dismissive.

Personally, I might sell mine because I find I don't use it as much as I expected to use it when I bought it. But I have no problem at all with the quality of the images it takes. It is very good at what it does. Other lenses do other things. Everyone's preferences are different.

I am not trying to be helpful.

Wow. Way to be a dick...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow