Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,512Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 Unboxing
In reply to hutu, 11 months ago

hutu wrote:

Manip16 wrote:

I just bought a new EPM2 kit with a 14-42 IIr lens, and if it came without lens caps or body cap, I would have shipped it right back for "parts missing".

And that is your prerogative. But would you ever actually use them? Most people keep a lens mounted to their camera for that camera's entire lifetime.

Plus the caps are £2.5 on Amazon. So if you want them then by all means order some. I'd prefer to pay £5 less for my camera than have caps I'll never use.

If your camera ever needs service, you should take off the lens and send in the body only, and you do need a body cap.

I'd send away the body with pluged-in hole to make sure that occasional alien parts (nails, packing foam chips, or simply the dust) will not settle inside. Body cap for me, please

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow