Started Aug 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DotCom Editor
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,588Gear list
Like?
Outlook 2010 woes, big-time
Aug 13, 2013

Outlook 2010 x64 has been running just fine on my Win7 PC for quite a while. All of a sudden, it now refuses to send mail. When I click the send button, nothing happens, nothing. The progress dialog does not appear, the progress bar at screen bottom does not appear. It's as if the send button is dead. Outlook DOES send mail successfully, but on only on a restart, without any intervention from me. (Thus, all my accounts' server names and ports are correct, whether they are POP3, IMAP, or Outlook Connector.) If I create a new message, the only way I can get it to send is to exit and restart Outlook. I've been doing online research for days but can't find anything exactly on point with my situation. I use Outlook standalone, there is no Exchange Server involved in any way.

I did install iCloud, which screwed up my contacts, but I got that fixed. I've now disabled the iCloud processes so they no longer load at boot-up. I even uninstalled and re-installed Outlook. Still no luck. Outlook refuses to send.

At this point, I'm totally stumped and getting more aggravated by the minute. Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow