Upgrading from Nikon 1 V1 to Pentax K-30?

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Questions thread
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrading from Nikon 1 V1 to Pentax K-30?
In reply to lukecaltech, Aug 13, 2013

lukecaltech wrote:

I have had a Nikon 1 V1 for a while and have achieve great results in photography and video. But due to the small number and high prices of lenses, I'd like to upgrade. The Pentax K-30 seems great. It has everything I need and seems to produce great results. Is it a wise option to upgrade? Could the K-30 produce images comparable to these (http://www.flickr.com/photos/97648886@N02/sets/72157634414789821/ all images on here were taken by me on my V1)?

Thanks in advance!

-Luke

The K 30 has a much bigger sensor and therefore will have much lower noise and low ISO capabilities. Of course the image quality will be dependant upon the lenses that you use to a very large degree but You should have no problem obtaining results as good and in fact better iin many circumstances. Read the review on this site and also use the compare feature that comes up at the bottom of the conclusion page in the review to see how it stacks up against other bodies.

Bob Corson

To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow