Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colin Smith1
Regular MemberPosts: 472Gear list
Like?
Adobe Camera RAW Question
11 months ago

I use Photoshop 5 with Adobe Camera RAW.  My 6D is not supported, although my 5D III is.  Since I want to avoid updating to Photoshop 6 and all that Cloud nonsense, it seems I have two choices.  One is to use Canon's DPP software to convert my 6D RAWs to Tiffs so I can open them in Photoshop.  I have found this option to be very slow and I really don't like the limited adjustment options in Canon's software versus ACR.  Option two consists of converting the 6D RAWs to DNG format using the Adobe DNG Converter.  This is also kind of slow, but the DNG files will open in my older version of ACR.  Does anyone know if the DNG files are comparable to the RAWs?  Is any information lost in converting to a DNG format?  Any other ideas other than buying a new version of Lightroom?

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow