Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
Re: Cherry picking
In reply to Richard, 8 months ago

Richard wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

Richard wrote:

I have not found that to be true at all, perhaps post your lens line up and I will check that.

Here you go:

15mm f/4 LTD, 21mm f/2.4 LTD, 31mm f/1.8 LTD, 35mm f/2.8 LTD macro, 43mm f/1.9 LTD, 70mm f/2.4LTD, 77mm f/1.8LTD, 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR, 60-250f/4.

Please note that you will need to find a set of replacement lenses that are sized like the Pentax Limited lenses and have similar build (metal barrels rather than plastic, and no bigger than the Pentax lenses), and all will have to be image stabilized.

I'm waiting.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

No I don't. I was talking about my collection.

Pentax does not offer a path to FF, nether does it have many pro level lenses.

The entire LTD line is pro level. You really don't know what you are talking about.

I would never own a pentax.

Whatever. You seem pretty bitter.

YOU would have to find the equivalent Canon or Nikon lenses is you want to switch. If there aren't any, then you would stay with Pentax, but my post was to try to explain why pentax if so good, has so many great features, has so many great lenses is still niche market and is not mainstream like Canon or Nikon.

I named 3 reasons why, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why Pentax is still niche market.

I did in a previous post. Apparently your reading comprehension was missing that day. However, I can tell you why I will never own a Canon: They completely, deliberately and totally screwed their entire user base when they dropped the FD mount. I don't trust them to not do the same thing again.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm not especially down on Nikon, I used to use Nikon. I switched to Pentax because their lenes blew my Nikors out of the water. There really was no comparison. Add to that the smaller size (I switched when the F4 came out and I had to ask why I would want a camera nearly as big as my 6x7 that only shot a postage stamp sized image) of the cameras and lenses, and it was really a no brainer, especially since Canon had just screwed about 6 of my friends.

Nikon makes good cameras, though way to big and clunky for my taste, and decent lenses, though I still think Pentax glass is overall better.

Most of the people who run their mouths about better lens availability and upgrade paths for other brands are shooting bottom end bodies and kit zooms and will never upgrade anyway. That whole argument is specious.

Pentax has a very well rounded lens line, admittedly light in a couple of focal lengths, and due to the smaller size of their gear and weather resistance of their present body line and several lenses is a good choice for people who want to be able to go outside with their cameras and not get chased inside when it starts to rain a little bit.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow