On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Braxton7
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid
In reply to Haider, Aug 12, 2013

Haider wrote:

Positively cheap compared to a D800/7D/A99 no where near the price tag of a 1D/D3/D4. They're gonna cleanup;) No pro cameras from Oly. E-x/EM-x range is pro-am model. Nothing wrong with selling to enthusiats as they are a bigger market than the pro market and some are even better photographers to boot. I doubt the market place is ready for a D800/7D/A99 class/price tag OM-D. . Having a step up model at £1500 makes sense as half-way house to capture the mind whilst the milc market is forming but do Oly have the cash for the camera and marketing to use as a marketing/halo product for their milc line. I still think the E-7 is coming also a E-720. DSLRs aren't going away as fast Oly hoped. Might as well make some cash out of that too. As rich gitlfriend once said only reason a business goes bust is 'cause daddy's run out of money:-)

Cheap can me more than just lower price. Let's hope not.

Braxton7's gear list:Braxton7's gear list
Olympus E-410 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow