Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HDProman
Contributing MemberPosts: 779
Like?
Junk emails
Aug 12, 2013

I receive my share of junk emails and I am wondering if there is anyway to stop at least some of them.

I have several questions about junk emails.

All my junk emails have a link to unsubscribe and I generally do not click this link thinking I would only encourage more. Yesterday I let my guard down and unsubscribed to a junk email offering to give me a free credit score. This morning I received eleven junk emails, a new one day record. I guess my suspicions about clicking on unsubscribe where warranted.

All my junk emails have the senders name in the To: line. What is up with that, my real emails always have one of my two email addresses in the To: line.

Between Norton and my Outlook built in filtering, junk emails go to either the Junk E-Mail or Norton AntiSpam folders. I just select all and delete, then empty my deleted items folder.

Is my current plan my only solution or does someone know how to keep these junk emails from ever arriving in the first place?

Thanks, Floyd...

-- hide signature --

Newbie, having fun.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow