Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,839
Like?
Re: Cherry picking
In reply to Wheatfield, Aug 12, 2013

Wheatfield wrote:

Richard wrote:

I have not found that to be true at all, perhaps post your lens line up and I will check that.

Here you go:

15mm f/4 LTD, 21mm f/2.4 LTD, 31mm f/1.8 LTD, 35mm f/2.8 LTD macro, 43mm f/1.9 LTD, 70mm f/2.4LTD, 77mm f/1.8LTD, 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR, 60-250f/4.

Please note that you will need to find a set of replacement lenses that are sized like the Pentax Limited lenses and have similar build (metal barrels rather than plastic, and no bigger than the Pentax lenses), and all will have to be image stabilized.

I'm waiting.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

No I don't. I was talking about my collection.

Pentax does not offer a path to FF, nether does it have many pro level lenses. I would never own a pentax.

YOU would have to find the equivalent Canon or Nikon lenses is you want to switch. If there aren't any, then you would stay with Pentax, but my post was to try to explain why pentax if so good, has so many great features, has so many great lenses is still niche market and is not mainstream like Canon or Nikon.

I named 3 reasons why, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why Pentax is still niche market.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow