RX100 mk1, concertshooting not as good as i thought.

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Livemusic
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
RX100 mk1, concertshooting not as good as i thought.
Aug 12, 2013

In good light i think it is a wonderfull camera. But as it gets darker... lets say i was hoping on more and better quality photo's. Tried it a few times, but the photo's are or too dark (nothing to see, not even with editing in LR). Too fuzzy and not as sharp as i would like, or when shot in high iso (6400 sometimes 3200 so grainy its ugly). So stick to 1600 iso max.

The pictures are a lot a whole lot better then my last P+S. But I guess I was hoping that now my concert photo's would be perfect, rich colors, sharp and detailed. At least when i am max 5 m away from the stage.

Tomorrow i will try to set the shutter from 1/60 to 1/125 and 1/160 to freeze the motion more and have hopfully less unsharp images but I am afraid I pay the price in very dark pictures. Using the zoom is also a penalty. It arent gun and roses or lady gaga like concerts with big stages and lots of lamps, just small bands in small (500 man) rooms and a few red or blue lamps.

But i am afraid that if i want any good and sharp photo's i need a bigger boatcamara.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow