Please help verify my reasoning of buying D7100 over D600

Started Aug 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Senior MemberPosts: 1,571Gear list
Re: a 10% drop is worth waiting for?
In reply to James Wu, Aug 12, 2013

James Wu wrote:

Thank for your information.

First, I am in a situation that I either buy it now, or buy it One year from now. please Please don't ask me why. So, may I ask if the price will drop, say, 10% after one year? I know this is a tough question but i will ask anyway.

If yes, then it will be worth waiting. If not, then I will buy it now.   Thank you Very much.

A 10% drop is all you need to make it worthwhile for you to wait a whole year? I personally wouldn't wait a year for a mere 10%, but maybe that means you'd have the use of your brother's D7000 for that year? I'd expect maybe a 10% drop in that amount of time at different times of the year (sales, etc.), but if you truly have a short period each year where you can buy, then you could hit at a bad luck cycle and the price would be back up at current levels when your week you could make a purchase was here.

As most electronics depreciate at 10% a year or more, I'm a little confused by this comment as with that reasoning you should always be looking to buy an older model rather than the current one and hence the D7100 should not be on your buy list. All that said, my vote is to buy the D7100 now for your other stated needs.

 TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow