Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Leandros S
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon primes...
In reply to Richard, 11 months ago

Richard wrote:

Leandros S wrote:

Richard wrote:

Nikon and Canon have fast glass, which the Pentax does not have.

What? There's a 31mm f/1.8, 43mm f/1.9, 50mm f/1.4, 55mm f/1.4, 77mm f/1.8, 200mm f/2.8, 300mm f/4 and 560mm f/5.6. If you want a fast standard zoom, Sigma's 18-35 1.8 will be available shortly, plus much of the rest of Sigma's line-up. So what on Earth could you be talking about?

You must not know Canons lineup 17 4 TSE, 24 3.5 TSE, 45 2.5 TSE, 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 1.2, 50 1.4, 50 1.2, 85 1.8, 180 3.5 macro, 200 1.8, 200 2.0, 300 2.8, 400 2.8, 500 4, 600 4, 800 5.6, 1200 5.6

I wasn't aware that a 24 3.5 was considered "fast", so your list cannot be considered equivalent to mine. The rest of what you've tried to say in defence is besides the point, since your original statement was "Nikon and Canon have fast glass, which the (sic) Pentax does not have.", rather than "Nikon and Canon's lens line-up differs from Pentax'.", which seems to be the point you're now trying to defend, and which is the only point that could possibly be defendable here.

Those Sigma lens you talk about, many of them work on Canon and Nikon FF cameras as well.

How does that support your claim? That's right, it doesn't.

They are full frame lenses. I don't know if or how many full frame lenses Pentax makes, they don't specify it.

So you went out on speculation and got caught out, b/c those test results are available if you bother to google.

Just in this comparison, Pentax does not have fast glass in comparison to Canon and has a lot of fast glass that Pentax does not have, which was my statement of fact, you have said nothing to change that.

That was not your original statement, but even if it had been, the reciprocal is also true: Pentax has some fast glass that Canon does not have. Now what?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow