GX7 Unboxing

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,282
Like?
Re: GX7 Unboxing
In reply to Manip16, 11 months ago

Manip16 wrote:

There is something weird with unboxing. This is firs time I see Panasonic box with lens already attached to the camera. Did Panasonic try to shave off the box body cap and lens rear cap?

I just purchased a GF6 and mine came with the lens already attached, there was also no body cap or rear lens cap in the box. Although it did include the lens hood, which other manufacturers do not.

I will say, devil's advocate, that when I purchased my SLR and that came with a body cap/rear lens cap, I literally just screwed the rear lens cap into the body cap, and left them in the camera box. When you buy an additional lens that comes with an additional rear lens cap which you then use on the lens you took off.

So while it could be considered irritating, Panasonic are "right" in that that body cap/rear lens cap is unneeded, as long as all of their individual lenses come with the rear lens cap included and that you never plan on reselling your camera "body only."

I just bought a new EPM2 kit with a 14-42 IIr lens, and if it came without lens caps or body cap, I would have shipped it right back for "parts missing".

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow