On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid

Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kevin Sutton
Contributing MemberPosts: 699Gear list
Like?
Sorry, but if this is the best Olympus can do...
In reply to Raist3d, Aug 12, 2013

...I will be voting with my feet.

If someone at Olympus thinks that this "hybrid" idea is what E-5 owners want then I think they have misread their market.  The E-5 is a perfect balance for the ZD lenses and a smaller body just doesn't balance properly.  I tried an EM-5 for a while but it was just to small and fiddly and the EVF just didn't impress.

Like a few others around here, I will skip this one and wait to see if Olympus put out a "proper" E-7 in the next (say) 6 months.  If they don't, I think I might take the plunge into FF Nikon.  Looking at examples on the web, I think I will be better served by a paradigm shift of that nature.  This doesn't sit comfortably with me though, as I have been an Olympus user for over 30 years.  I am just getting annoyed by their constant production of gimmicky, small cameras and retro nonsense (witness the recent special edition E-P5 with free scooter...).

Olympus, please get back to your roots and make stellar lenses and practical, ergonomically designed serious cameras.  If you can't, there are other companies that do and they will get my hard earned dollars.

Cheers Kevin

Kevin Sutton's gear list:Kevin Sutton's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow