Started Aug 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,005Gear list
Like?
On the apparent upcoming high end OMD that will "dub" as the 4/3rds hybrid
Aug 12, 2013

So looks like this camera will be at least $1,500 USD.  Sounds reasonable if positioned to the high end. This is the camera that will apparently use all 4/3rd lenses very well, with some adapter or the camera body will just support some sort of conversion/whatever.

I am already seeing "oh but $1,500 is too expensive! blah blah blah"  The reality is that a camera at that caliber *IS* expensive. It amazes me how there are so many "somethings for nothings" mentality.  That this camera will use 4/3rd lenses well is Olympus' gift to the 4/3rds users doing good legacy support in a world where they are financially constrained.

In other words, this is the best they can do.

I do have my reservations on going high end and price bracket with the OMD but not because I think the camera with what it has it's at a bad price, but because it starts looking a bit like competing vs Canikon again.  I am beginning to think the direction m4/3rds should love (which means Olympus digital cameras) is Pen.

Keep 'em small, put a built in EVF, offer a weather sealed model.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow