Upgraded Mac Mini powerful enough for Photoshop & downloading large image files?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgraded Mac Mini powerful enough for Photoshop & downloading large image files?
In reply to bbpp, 8 months ago

What a coincidence!!!

Just yesterday i bought Mac Mini Late 2012 model i7 2.3GHz 4GB RAM and 1TB drive, i still have and use my old Mac Mini Early 2009 model with Core 2 Duo one and i upgraded the Memory there to 8GB and also with 512GB SamPro one, and i use Photoshop CS6 on it with no issue and it is fast with SSD, i work with large files from cameras to give a notice, so i don't think you will have any issue going with Mac Mini over iMac, and i much prefer that way because i still use my Apple Cinema Display which is Matte and better than those new iMac displays, i also have Eizo monitor, so my Mac Mini will beat iMac for display performance.

I didn't use my new Mac Mini yet, because now i am looking for to buy more memory [16GB to upgrade from 4GB] and SSD, if i may buy new Samsung EVO model to use in my PC build then i will use the one in my old Mac Mini [512GB] in the new one, and i keep one of the two 256GB in that PC for my old Mac Mini, and just yesterday i heard and read about that drive doubler from OWC, it sounds so tempting to have HDD and SSD in Mac Mini, so i am gonna order it and use it to have 2 drives instead of one, unless if i can afford to buy 2 1TB Samsung EVO so one for PC and one for new Mac Mini.

In general, Mac Mini can be upgraded to match or be closer to iMac performances, upgrading the RAM and drive to SSD will give you higher level of Mac Mini, so i hope i will not wait long before i upgrade the RAM+drive in my new Mac Mini.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow