If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Samaistuin
Regular MemberPosts: 386
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to jfriend00, Aug 12, 2013

jfriend00 wrote:

People who want a full frame camera aren't looking at X today. They'd be shopping for other brands. The price range, the size, the lens selection are all completely different for full frame vs. APS-C. If you already knew you wanted full frame, you wouldn't be looking at X today - you'd already would have been shopping elsewhere. So, I don't think Sony introducing a full frame camera will really affect X sales one way or the other.

Personally I don't think Fuji should dilute their efforts by making a full frame camera. They'd have to produce an entirely new lens line for the full frame bodies when they haven't even filled out their X lens line yet. Fuji needs to establish a base of success in the X platform, fill out the lens product line, bring out X-Pro2 and X-E2, solve some of the weaknesses of the X line such as AF speed for action and AF accuracy in low light and then, and only then, should they think about branching out. As it is today, the X line is a work-in-progress. It shows promise so far, but still involves a lot of compromises so it is not yet established against the higher performing dSLR world.

Fully agree with that.

I'll just add that there surely are people who do hope that Fuji will eventually jump the FF wagon. I'm one of them; wouldn't buy any other brand (besides Leica) for Fuji has been intelligent enough to put an aperture ring on its lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow