How is the video performance of the Olympus XZ-2

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Questions thread
Karroly
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Re: How is the video performance of the Olympus XZ-2
In reply to MiroM, Aug 11, 2013

I agree with you, but I wonder how people usually watch their video recordings : on a computer or TV screen ? When I mean on a TV screen, I do not mean the TV screen is connected to the computer like a monitor (via VGA, DVI or HDMI port). I use the multimedia player embedded within my TV set. Personnally, I watch them on an HDTV because its size and resolution is higher than that of my computer screen(s). IMHO Olympus should have taken into account the video recordings can be watched on a multimedia HDTV set, which are pretty common now. And in European countries, where I live, the standard video frame rates are 25p fps and 50i fps. At such frame rates, playback is still smooth and footages take less space on the SD card too ... It would not have been that expensive to add these options to the XZ-2, IMHO. I do not ask for more, for a camera that is in essence a still camera, than to record videos that display properly on a TV set...

Karroly's gear list:Karroly's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Canon PowerShot A710 IS Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 400D +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow