Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
AndreasBraun
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report
In reply to telefunk, 8 months ago

telefunk wrote:

Your fantastic pictures just go to show that a great photographer is more important than a good lens. But the selp 1650 really isn't that great and will be beaten by the (even more) portable LX5 which doen(t need high iso to make pictures in dark places.

Anyway, people here are getting upset, because someone is questioning their beliefs, so I will quietly retire and leave you to worship false gods.

I don't know the LX5 but I've had a comparable compact (Oly XZ-1) for more than two years before upgrading to the NEX-6 with the PZ1650. No matter how good the XZ-1 is - with its very sharp and  fast (1.8 to 2.5) lens - the NEX-6 is THAT much better that it would be really ridiculous comparing both. Simply no contest.

You are of course entitled to mention your opinion about the NEX with PZ1650. But since you cite of all things the dkamera review as proof for your - excuse the word: weird - judgement while at the same time this review is enthusiastic about the cam AND also quite content with the lens you either don't know to read a review written in German - which I personally don't believe -or you rely upon the fact that our English speaking friends are not able to rebut your words.

Andreas

AndreasBraun's gear list:AndreasBraun's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow