Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Confused of Malvern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,051
Like?
Re: Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?
In reply to REShultz, Aug 11, 2013

This is turning into a bit of a 'lets bash Pentax' thread.

My very first camera (a 35mm compact film camera) was made by Ricoh. When I upgraded to an SLR I bought another Ricoh because it used a Pentax K mount but was 20% cheaper than the equivalent Pentax SLR. Yes, people forget that Ricoh used to make SLRs and very good they were too - I used that camera for nigh-on twenty years. So the fact that Pentax is now owned by Ricoh holds no fear so far as I'm concerned.

So, there is currently no 'upgrade path' to FF. Firstly, I'm not convinced I want or need a FF body and secondly, I question how much of an 'upgrade path' there is with any manufacturer if it means changing a good number of your lenses to fit a new body. FF is really a different product - if that's what you want then fine, there are several out there to choose from.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to assert that this brand or that brand is better than another. Pentax is nowadays a niche brand but so what? If you haven't had the joy of shooting with an excellent small bodied DSLR with some of their fine limited prime lenses then you probably don't get what Pentax is all about..... but that's fine, we Pentax users are quite happy keeping the secret to ourselves

-- hide signature --

Confused of Malvern
'The greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow