If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
NTNphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to uniball, 8 months ago

Depends on the lenses offered at launch. If its anything like the NEX series, probably won't hurt Fuji at all.

Also understand that many do not want an FF sensor. While they have their advantages, the larger body and lens and the less dof one has to work with in low light situations work against FF.

The world of electronics is focused on miniaturization. That's where their R&D is going these days. I feel perfectly comfortable in an APS world. Between my X100 and xe1, I bought a D800 for a friend. Used it about 3 weeks before he picked it up. Fantastic camera but hauling it around was a total drag. Way bigger and heavier than my D80. People have come to realize you don't need to lug around a stone like than to get great IQ. That D800 was the catalyst for my buying the xe1.

Leica makes a very small full frame camera so ill never understand the size argument all the anti FF folks have. The RX1 is very small so it can be done the whole idea that FF always equals larger everything isn't really true. If fuji had designed it that way you could probably fit a FF sensor in the xpro body.

NTNphoto's gear list:NTNphoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow