Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?
In reply to whvick, Aug 11, 2013

I was actually very tempted by the SL-1. Found it charming and very easy to handle once you got the kit zoom off it and replaced it with that nifty little 40 mm pancake, which I understand was developed specifically for that body. It's a very attractive combination, and if I'd been offered a kit price with that lens instead of the zoom, I might very well have bought it on the spot and ended my search before I discovered the K-30.

As it is, when I imagine life post-Pentax, and I hope that never happens, I am fairly confident that adapters will allow me to use my lenses somewhere.  Manual focus does not scare me-- other than the kit lens that is coming with my K-30 and one modern prime I bought at a deep discount, all of my lenses are old guys you would have to hand-focus anywhere you used them.  And I'm sure modern DSLR bodies from Pentax will be available for years on the used market, whatever happens.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow