Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,962Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?
In reply to whvick, Aug 11, 2013

I was actually very tempted by the SL-1. Found it charming and very easy to handle once you got the kit zoom off it and replaced it with that nifty little 40 mm pancake, which I understand was developed specifically for that body. It's a very attractive combination, and if I'd been offered a kit price with that lens instead of the zoom, I might very well have bought it on the spot and ended my search before I discovered the K-30.

As it is, when I imagine life post-Pentax, and I hope that never happens, I am fairly confident that adapters will allow me to use my lenses somewhere.  Manual focus does not scare me-- other than the kit lens that is coming with my K-30 and one modern prime I bought at a deep discount, all of my lenses are old guys you would have to hand-focus anywhere you used them.  And I'm sure modern DSLR bodies from Pentax will be available for years on the used market, whatever happens.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow