iMac Set Up for Video and Photography

Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,193Gear list
Like?
Re: iMac Set Up for Video and Photography
In reply to Basalite, Aug 11, 2013

I don't do video at all, but do work with large still photographs and load large numbers at the same time in ACR. I bought a base spec 27" iMac at the time they were just becoming available. I would have had to wait longer than I considered acceptable to get upgrades specs. I have since added an SSD and maxed the ram.

Were I doing the same thing I would still have installed the ram myself but ordered with the largest factory SSD and fastest processor. I highly recommend you consider using an external Raid solution for handling your photos. Not doing video I have no idea if the video card would be a useful upgrade or not, but nothing exceeds like excess.

-- hide signature --

www.nightstreets.com
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow