Why Are Pentax with Prime Selection Grabbing Some of Mirrorless Market?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 1,918Gear list
Like?
Re: Funny you should say that....
In reply to REShultz, 11 months ago

Ask me the same question in a couple of weeks. I came into this forum a few weeks ago pretty sure I was going to buy into one of the mirrorless systems-- and I just ordered a K-30 and the 40mm Limited prime. The price couldn't be beat, the prime lenses are endlessly tempting to someone like me who doesn't particularly like zooms, I get a big bright optical viewfinder, and I can use my small but much loved collection of Pentax M lenses which have been stored away since I gave up shooting film.

The shelf space problem was an issue: I am buying this camera without handling it first and I know this is a risk. But I did get to handle several mirrorless cameras and got a good feel for my favorite of the bunch, the Sony NEX 6. But it left me cold in so many ways, from the EVF to the gadgety feel, that I feel justified in trusting Pentax.  They never let me down in the past, and if I can get a grip on this whole DSLR thing my lenses will get another chance.  At this price, I am not risking that much.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow