Why is my NEX not as good as RX100 or even LX5?

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,994Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is my NEX not as good as RX100 or even LX5?
In reply to telefunk, Aug 10, 2013

telefunk wrote:

A test of the selp1650 on the german site dkamera and it confirmed my experience. They tried this kitlens on the nex 6 and nex 3n: same result as I had: very average sharpness. They mention that a good P&S has better results.

Well, that's it, I'm ditching the Nex and getting... no, wait, is it really that bad?

Both nex's have class leading sensors which could resolve much more with a better lens. Also the in-camera jpg sharpening is very conservative.

How come I can see visible "halo" artifacts on sharp edges when sharpness is set to zero?  Seems a bit aggressive to me.

So, everyone who is so happy with their nex 6 + 1650 lens have never compared their pictures with a good P&S!

I've never seen a good P&S then.    The RX100 is unusual with its larger sensor, but even with a kit lens on a Nex, the P&S cameras fall short very quickly.  In good light at low ISO, they can do fine.  I'd rather use my Nex most of the time.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow