Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
Going Native?
11 months ago

Like many people on this site I have been waiting to see what Olympus come up with in September. The talk for the past 6 months (or longer) has been about an E-7, or a hybrid, or nothing.

I have been reading here and at the FT Rumors site speculation that the new camera OMD is really a m4/3 camera that will utilize the existing adapters.  Granted these are rumors, but I have to say a was a bit disappointed as I read the rumors  Previously, I considered the term "hybrid" to mean both m4/3 and 4/3 would be native.  An adapter seems to at least dilute that expectation.  Rationally, I realize that an adapter is probably the most cost-effective way around the problem.  It has been fun to read some of the speculation of how Olympus could overcome this challenge (some it sounded fantastic and very expensive to me).

The price is expected to be about 1,500 Euros (I assume that works out to $1,500 in the US market), which while not cheap, is more modest that I expected  (I was thinking $2k) --but then it requires an adapter.

I can't say I play to rush out to buy one if it requires an adapter.

How do people feel about this--the balance of expectations, the adapter, and price?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow