Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,278Gear list
Like?
lens hood and filter solution for 20mm f/1.7
Aug 10, 2013

After building a lens hood for my 45mm f/1.8 I found also a solution for the 20mm f/1.7.

Using the same design as for the 45mm I used a 15mm long 70.5mm tube (2mm thick) that fits snugly over the 20mm lens, with 3 pieces of soft velcro.

The tube widens to 72.5mm (4mm connector section) and 4mm tube.

That "wide end" is just wide enough to fit a rubber lens hood with 58mm thread, which I glued in. So I now not only have a lens hood for the 20mm lens but it includes a filter thread to which I can either attach a 58mm UV 2A filter (which I don't have yet) to avoid purple fringing or a 58mm polarizer. And as the hood fits snugly over the focus ring you can simply turn the whole hood with filter when using AF, which is easier than reaching into a hood to turn the polarizer.

Alas, this hood is not reversible, but it at least is collapsible.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow