Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saudidave
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
FZ200 to replace G3+14-140?
Aug 10, 2013

I recently sold an FZ60 & a Canon S100 to fund the purchase of an LF1, but decided to wait for reviews and in the meantime I bought a brand new G3+ kit lens for £229.95 & a mint 14-140 off ebay for £275.00 - I'd always wanted to try MFT's and figured that at those prices I could get most or all of my money back if I put them back on ebay.

Whilst the OOC IQ of the G3 is quite good it doesn't improve in a stellar fashion to the IQ of the FZ60 which was massive bang for your buck and with the 14-140 attached it's 900 grams so it's a bit of a beast to cart around.

I'm toying with replacing it with an FZ200. Whilst its a smaller sensor it's got the constant F2.8 and that would keep the ISO much lower than the G3+14-140. I'd also retain the articulated LCD & a good EVF, whilst gaining considerably more zoom. 2/3rds of the weight too.

Has anyone been down this road and can comment?

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 (Lumix DMC-FZ62) Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow