Started Aug 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saudidave
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
FZ200 to replace G3+14-140?
Aug 10, 2013

I recently sold an FZ60 & a Canon S100 to fund the purchase of an LF1, but decided to wait for reviews and in the meantime I bought a brand new G3+ kit lens for £229.95 & a mint 14-140 off ebay for £275.00 - I'd always wanted to try MFT's and figured that at those prices I could get most or all of my money back if I put them back on ebay.

Whilst the OOC IQ of the G3 is quite good it doesn't improve in a stellar fashion to the IQ of the FZ60 which was massive bang for your buck and with the 14-140 attached it's 900 grams so it's a bit of a beast to cart around.

I'm toying with replacing it with an FZ200. Whilst its a smaller sensor it's got the constant F2.8 and that would keep the ISO much lower than the G3+14-140. I'd also retain the articulated LCD & a good EVF, whilst gaining considerably more zoom. 2/3rds of the weight too.

Has anyone been down this road and can comment?

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 (Lumix DMC-FZ62) Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow