Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
bigley Ling
Contributing MemberPosts: 713
Like?
Re: iPhone
In reply to Menneisyys, 8 months ago

Menneisyys wrote:

Hulamike wrote:

Not seeing it Alupang. But keep on beating that horse anyway. You still haven't answered my question, does Nokia have an App Store or are you stuck with the camera they supply? Does if allow various aspect ratios? Color film modes? Volume shutter? Lossless TIFF, etc? Variety's the name of the game these days. Pixel counting is soo yesterday!

Much as the iPhone has tons of camera apps, feel free to show me ONE camera app that

- allows for directly setting the shutter speed, other than extending it to 1s (Nokia's Camera Pro can on many WP handsets)

- allows for directly setting the ISO other than en/disabling ISO 800...3200 on the iPhone5 (Nokia's Camera Pro can on many WP handsets and Android / Symbian supports this too even in their stock Camera apps)

- allows for manual focus (not speaking about touch-to-focus automatic focus)

- allows for exposure setting (not speaking about touch-to-set automatic exposure)

- allows for true exposure bracketing with dialed-in over/underexposure values

and the list continues...

So, how many apps do support ANY of the above on iOS? NONE. As it's simply not possible via the API - and won't be possible in iOS7 / on the iPhone 5S either.

Menneisyys, I think the idea of IOS is to be easy to use. This is the reason for the simplicity in the default IOS camera app. The idea is you do not have to be a rocket scientist to capture an image with the iPhone. So you are correct, IOS 7 and probably all future IOS will not have that flexibility you crave for that you can find in the Nokia 1020.

Hulamike, do not try to validate that the iPhone 3rd party apps can compete against the Nokia Pro camrea app, as it will lose everytime when it comes to manual control feature set. Who needs lossless TIFF for such a tiny sensor. I guarantee you put any IOS camera app image that gives out lossless TIF against the Procamera app with standard JPG, and you will find the iPhone losing everytime. I believe the Nokia pro camera app does support 2 aspect ratio's 4:3 and 16:9.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
808New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow