If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,358
Like?
Re: If Sony releases a FF Nex what will this do to X sales?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 11 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

There is a lot of rumours about an upcoming full frame Nex camera. Possibly 32mp.
Wow.

I wonder what that would do to X sales? Perhaps not a lot as it will be an expensive camera no doubt - $2,500 to $3,000 most likely. But it most likely would be in another league IQ wise over the X system no matter how good Xtrans is. Size matters and there is no substitute for full frame sized sensors. Especially if it has millions of PDAF pixels for a DSLR competing AF system.

The good side benefit may be to get Fuji to make one too.

What do you think?

Greg

Obviously it will take some sales away from Fuji, but I am not sure how many. There will be those who don't want to or can't spend $3K on body only. Also, there are those who generally dislike Sony's menus and controls. I can't wait to see what they do though. I expect terrific IQ, but hope for better controls and Leica lens compatibility.

Fuji will end up going there too. Perhaps not soon, but they will. I bet that will be quite a show when they do.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow