Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
renttoown
Regular MemberPosts: 374Gear list
Like?
Less Than Adequate Panasonic Repair Service
Aug 9, 2013

I purchased a Panasonic 12-35 lens that was damaged.

I sent the lens to the repair facility in McAllen, TX return receipt requisted. It was received on 7/9/13 and  I waited two weeks to hear from the factory. Heard nothing from them so then I called them. Waited 30 minutes and then the connection was broken. I was not happy.

Waited another two weeks and called today. Only had to wait 14 minutes in order to talk with a carbon based life form. Received a repair order number. Was told the motor was damaged and a replacement ordered. Was told the work will be covered under the warranty. YEAH!!!!! The lens should be shipped in about a week. Asked them to send a shipping number.

I am not the original owner so I am so happy the repair is covered under the warranty I did not pay for. Paid a great price for the lens because we assumed I would have to pay for the repair. I will be thrilled to receive the repaired lens back. Communication with the factory is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. They did not keep me informed of the progress of the repair. They did not inform me of the cost of the repair. They have not informed me of the estimated time of return for the lens. Their phone system is slow to respond (did I already say that?).

Nobody wants to have their item break. This is a wonderful opportunity to build brand loyalty by supplying good customer service. Love Panny lenses and bodies. The repair facility has very poor customer service.

My advise is do not break your Panasonic body or lens. Of course, that is good advise for any product.

Marty

Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner student & Street Photographer

-- hide signature --

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

renttoown's gear list:renttoown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow