Full frame mirrorless excitement, all for nought?

Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photohobbyfun
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364
Like?
Full frame mirrorless excitement, all for nought?
Aug 9, 2013

I'm excited to see the execution of a full frame mirrorless but I think there will be some disappointment. The whole point of mirrorless cameras is to keep the size smaller but bigger sensors require bigger lenses and there's no way around that. The solution will be to make glass for the full frame Nex slower.

The rumored prime lens is an F2.8 35mm which will be like having an F2.0 24mm  for APS-C in terms of depth of field control.

When you look at the full frame Nex and APS-C Nex-7 side by side, I think this excitement about Full Frame sensors will be a bit for naught.

The only way I can really see some excitement building beyond the romanticism of a 35mm sized sensor is if Sony designs the sensor in a way that pushes for optimal lens quality in the 14-135mm focal range and is then able to design lenses that are not required to be telecentric and thus, are able to be smaller.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow