Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Calinature
Regular MemberPosts: 463
Like?
"Last Camera Syndrome"?
Aug 9, 2013

I read on the open forum about the leveling off of camera technology. The OP mentioned that Thom Hogan was of the impression that many photographers feel that camera technology is now good enough (actually, very good) to last many years.

For those of us Oly 43 DSLR users, we might be somewhat behind this curve as we are anxiously waiting a new camera with a modern sensor, the ability to focus our big lenses, etc.

Assuming that we do get a more modern sensor for our beautiful HG and SHG lenses, how do many of you feel about approaching a leveling point, practically speaking, of technology? If so, then maybe we can take a breather from camera one-up manship, keep the same system for quite a few years, and get back to basics - like maybe good photography. I for one am tired of playing the technology game (while I have also been a bit of a fanatic as well).

For myself, I can see using three bodies: an E-5, an OM-D, and the new camera. That should give me plenty of flexibility for years to come.

Your thoughts?  Jeff

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow