Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Namyl
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Lowepro Compact Courier 80 camera bag with Panasonic GF3
11 months ago

So I recently purchased a Panasonic GF3 with the 14-42mm lens as a starter camera (I really wish it had a physical mode dial and an extra button or two, but that's for another thread.) I needed a bag to put it in since my current messenger bag has no padding at all.

I wanted to get a full camera bag like the Timbuk2 Snoop to replace my current bag, but those are too expensive for me at this time so instead I went with something small that would fit in my current messenger bag. Looking through a few of the known camera bag sites I found the Lowepro Compact Courier 80. The bag seems to be designed for Sony NEX cameras, but fits others too.

When I first received it I noticed how small it was. I opened it up and was able to fit my GF3 in it sideways with the LCD facing the left and the lens facing the right, but there was pretty much no more room left for accessories. I did find a good way to pack in the most needed things. I put the charger on the bottom and used the single included divider to cover it. Then I put the camera on top vertically with the LCD side down and the lens facing up. I stuffed an extra battery between the interior case and the outer bag. There's a small Velcro pocket to keep your memory cards and a small pocket that has an attached microfiber cloth tucked in it. The bag opens up with Velcro and a zipper. I wish they included a Velcro silencer, but I think I can make that on my own. The bag also has a detachable neck strap to make carrying it easier.

This bag's padding comes from a removable case that you can hold your camera in when you don't need the main bag, but I don't really see myself ever doing that with my setup. The 14-42mm lens I have on my GF3 is just too long to be able to close the interior case. This is fine since it's kind of annoying to remove and replace. The interior case has a strap attached that you can put clip it on to your camera's neck strap so you don't lose the case when shooting. The padding isn't too thin or too thick. It seems good enough for a small camera like the GF3.

Right now I think it's a good case for me. The only thing I can't put in the bag is my USB cable and/or memory card reader since I would need to put it on top of the camera and that would make it annoying to take out. That's fine since if I need those accessories I'll be putting the Lowepro in my messenger bag so I could carry all my accessories and iPad mini too.

I've included a bunch of pictures. The picture of the camera in the bag was taken with my iPhone 4 so it's not the best quality.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow