Started Aug 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,572Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the N1 system doomed?
In reply to Simon97, Aug 8, 2013

Simon97 wrote:

I read the news with disappointment. I hate when they use titles like "Nikon rethinks the N1". It usually means good things will not happen.

The deep price slashes was a clue that something wasn't right.

For me I love the system. Smaller form factor when you consider the lens, better IQ than 1/2.3, 1/1.7 and 2/3" cameras, but of course it can't match the larger sensor cams. I thought the 10mp resolution was just fine for my needs. It is the first camera I bought that I didn't want rid of after a few months. I have no intentions of switching systems now.

Just a big downer for us N1 users.

Well, there goes my 18.5/0.7 dream lens, for which Nikon has a patent for. Aside from that, I don't really care. I will be adding the lenses I need and calmly waiting what happens. Most of the focal lengths I use, are already out for the N1 system. In the meantime I will be taking photos, just like I always have.

To be frank, if Nikon were to file for bankruptcy tomorrow I would be perfectly fine with that. As long as there are cameras in the world, even old analogue ones, my hobby is not in danger.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow